Entry Level Accountant/Bookkeeper
We’re looking for a detail oriented individual with bookkeeping and accounting skills to work in a friendly, fast-paced and professional environment. As part of the LP&M Strategic Marketing/AMPL Digital Communications team, you’ll work with seasoned professionals who provide a myriad of creative services to clients across many industries.
LP&M/AMPL has been a mainstay of Central New York’s marketing and advertising landscape for over 30 years.
Located in the heart of downtown Syracuse, LP&M is close to a thriving community of unique eateries, boutiques, gyms, sports and cultural activities and is an easy commute from all over Central New York.
Successful candidates will have up to 1-5 years of previous bookkeeping experience and/or a Bachelor’s degree in accounting, finance, or related discipline and should be detail-oriented, diligent, and self-motivated.
Basic accounting knowledge, expertise in Microsoft Excel, Microsoft Word and Quickbooks is required. Familiarity with Function Point is also beneficial.
- maintaining a balanced general ledger including monthly accrual and allocation entries
- posting, verifying and allocating transactions, and managing expenses
- preparing reports and trial balances
- maintaining requisite documents for taxation compliance
- producing financial reports
- managing payroll
- generating and posting invoices
- coordinating accounts payable
- monitoring bank balances
- closing month end financials